Tabular alumina is a type of refractory material that is made from aluminum oxide. It is white in color and has a tabular crystal structure. Tabular alumina is produced by fusing bauxite or alumina powder at high temperatures.
Tabular alumina has a number of properties that make it ideal for use in refractory applications. These properties include:
- High purity: Tabular alumina is very pure, with alumina content of up to 99.9%. This high purity gives tabular alumina excellent chemical resistance and thermal stability.
- High melting point: Tabular alumina has a melting point of over 1800 degrees Celsius. This makes it ideal for use in high-temperature applications.
- Excellent mechanical strength: Tabular alumina is very strong and durable. This makes it resistant to abrasion and wear.
Tabular alumina is used in a wide range of refractory applications, including:
- Steelmaking: Tabular alumina is used in steelmaking to produce high-quality steel. It is used in the lining of steel furnaces and ladles to protect them from high temperatures and corrosive slags.
- Glassmaking: Tabular alumina is used in glassmaking to produce high-quality glass. It is used in the lining of glass furnaces to protect them from high temperatures and to prevent contamination of the glass melt.
- Cement manufacturing: Tabular alumina is used in cement manufacturing to produce high-quality cement. It is used in the lining of cement kilns to protect them from high temperatures and to extend their lifespan.
In addition to these traditional refractory applications, tabular alumina is also being used in a number of new and emerging applications, such as:
- Environmental protection: Tabular alumina is used in environmental protection applications to remove pollutants from flue gases.
- Electronics: Tabular alumina is used in electronic applications to produce substrates for semiconductors and other electronic components.
- Energy: Tabular alumina is used in energy applications to produce catalysts for fuel cells and other energy conversion devices.
Tabular alumina is a versatile refractory material with a wide range of applications. It is known for its high purity, high melting point, and excellent chemical resistance. If you are looking for a high-quality refractory material, tabular alumina is a good option to consider.
Contact Pennekamp Middle East, a leading provider of refractory raw materials and refractory finished products, today to learn more about our tabular alumina products and how they can meet your specific needs.