HIGH ALUMINA CEMENT (70%)
Low Alumina Cement contain a minimum of 70% Al2O3 and are used as binders in monolithic refractories. Depending on the type of cement, the curing and setting behavior varies significantly, impacting hardening and strength development. This allows the developer to choose from a wide range of calcium aluminate cements to find the right one to meet the desired properties.
Calcium Aluminate Cements are tested to reflect customers’ needs. Consistency in chemical and mineralogical composition, particle size distribution, and in flow, setting, and strength are all essential for good and reliable cement performance.
The characteristics of this cement can be surfacely summarized in following points:
- High alumina cement has low pH
- It has high refractoriness
- It has high durability in sulfuric acid
- It hardens rapidly
- It is less reactant than alumina or hydraulic lime
- It acts as a bonding material when added in refractory castables because it forms ceramic bond at high temperatures
- It has high resistance to chemical corrosion. So, it is widely used also in construction of water pipes, sewage pipes, factory drains, coastal constructions and in factory chimneys.